Mountain Pose(Tadasana) is a very important posture and has many benefits. It looks easy to see but it is a bit difficult to balance in the beginning. Therefore, it should be done carefully, due to poor balance, there is a risk of falling.
Excessive use of smartphones, computers, television, and improper sitting style can lead to hardening of the muscles, which worsens the posture of the body.
Posture deterioration has become a common problem due to which pain starts in different parts of the body. This pose helps us a lot to cure such problems.
Why called Mountain?
In this posture, the body looks like a mountain, hence it is called Mountain Pose.
How to do Mountain Pose?
The methods and rules of doing this pose are very simple. Let us know how to do Mountain Pose:
- Place a yoga mat or sheet on a flat, clean, ventilated place.
- Stand straight on the mat.
- Make a gap of 3-4 inches between both legs.
- Raise both your hands just in front of the shoulder line.
- Keeping the fingers of both the hands stuck in each other, turn your palms in the opposite direction.
- Then slowly while inhaling, raise both the hands upwards.
- Keep in mind that the fingers of the hand should be stuck in each other and the palms of both the hands should be towards the sky.
- Then stand with the help of your toes.
- Try to pull the whole body upwards.
- Keep breathing in and out normally.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- After stopping for a while, slowly exhale and bring the hands in the shoulder line.
- After that, open the fingers of both hands.
- Now put your hands down near the thighs, stand normally on the feet, and relax.
- That is one cycle completed.
- In this way, do 10 cycles daily to get full benefits.
Benefits of Mountain Pose.
This is a simple yoga pose and regular practice of this pose gives the following benefits.
- Corrects structural disorders in the body by straightening the skeleton.
- This is the best yoga pose to increase the height.
- Loses weight by destroying excess fat.
- Muscles become strong and flexible
- Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles.
- Provides strength and mobility by reducing swelling, pain, numbness, and tingling in the legs and hips.
- Useful in sciatica pain
- The spine becomes flexible.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Improves digestion.
Precautions while doing.
It is simple, yet it is important to keep in mind your physical problems. This pose should not be done in the following conditions:
- Extreme pain in knees, heels, and toes.
- A pregnant women.
- In a headache and migraine.
- Patients with high or low blood pressure.
- If you have trouble sleeping (insomnia)
Mountain Pose FAQ
Morning and Evening empty stomach.
Yes, but only in growing years till the age of 20.
The information provided on the site is being provided for educational purposes only. The information is not a substitute for any medical advice.