The child pose(Balasana) provides great relaxation to the body. This is an easy yoga pose, but it can be difficult in the beginning, with little practice it becomes very easy.
One thing should always be kept in mind while doing yoga, do not force the body more than its capacity.
Why is it called Child’s Pose?
Because in this pose the shape of the body looks like that of a child growing in the womb.
The regular practice of child pose gives many benefits to the body. Let us know all about the child’s Pose.
How to do Child Pose?
We are giving here in detail how to do Child’s Pose properly, after reading it carefully, you will definitely get the benefit.
- Lay down your yoga mat.
- Now sit on the mat in Thunderbolt Pose(Vajrasana).
- Now while inhaling, raise both the hands directly above the head without bending it.
- Keep a distance between the palms.
- While exhaling, bend the body forward.
- Do not put pressure on the waist, Initially bend according to the capacity of the body.
- Touch the ground with the head and palms.
- Relax the body in this position for 30 seconds and take long breaths in and out.
- After 30 seconds, return to the starting position of Thunderbolt Pose.
- To finish the pose straighten the legs and wait till your legs feel relax.
Child Pose Benefits
This yoga is good to do after any pose for relaxation. The benefits for the pose for the body are as follows:
- Calms the mind.
- Relief from stress.
- Improves blood circulation in the body.
- Provides relief from back and neck pain.
- Stretches the neck, back, hips, thighs and knees.
- Removes tiredness from the body and relaxes the muscles.
- Give new energy to the body.
Do any yoga pose only when your body supports that. It is better not to do this in any disease or consult a doctor. In the following conditions you should not do child pose:
- High blood pressure. (Read more: I am a high blood pressure patient)
- Excessive pain in the neck or back.
- Any injury or pain in the knee, heel or spine.
- If blood comes from the nose.
Child Pose FAQ
Can be done after any yoga pose, special benefit is available after doing Warrior Pose (Virasana), Headstand Pose (Shirshasana).
It is a relaxing yoga pose, so any pose can be done.
Empty stomach morning and evening
30 seconds to 5 minutes
The information provided on the site is being provided for educational purposes only. The information is not a substitute for any medical advice.