It’s possible by accident we can delete a very important SMS. In an Android device if you have done this then there is no option to recover that SMS again if you did not set up an SMS backup. So it’s important you need to set up a Backup for your messages, here we will discuss how can you backup SMS in Android.
SMS Backup also useful if you are changing your device, Using backup you can save all your messages in your new device.
How to Backup SMS in Android
Backup On Google Drive
You can backup your message on google drive, this feature google was included after android version 8.1, this facility is not available in old android phones they have an android version less 8.1. The disadvantage of this backup is that the backup is restricted to Google Drive only and old backups will be deleted or updated with a new backup, you can not restore old backups, you can only restore the latest backup.
With the following steps you can setup a backup on android.
- Go to Settings
- Tap Google.
- In options Tap the Backup option.
- Now you will see Backup now button Tab on this button to start back up.
Third-Party Apps to set SMS Backup
(i) SMS Backup & Restore
How to setup SMS Backup & Restore Android App?
- To install the app from google play store click here
- After installation finish the open app and Tap on “Get Started” button
- Allow all asked permissions to the app
- Tap the “Set up a backup” button.
- In the next screen, you will see “Message” backup and “Phone Calls” backup with Advance Options, select which you want to backup and Tap on Next.
- Now you will see cloud storage options Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Your Phone(not recommended), setup and connect cloud storage where you want to backup.
- After setup storage, you will see more options tap as your needs and Tap on Next.
- Select backup frequency like Daily, Weekly, Hourly.
- Finally, click on the “Back up Now” button.
Now Your device SMS will automatically be backed up on cloud storage where you selected.
How To restore SMS using SMS Backup & Restore Android App?
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Restore.
- Tap the checkboxes which you want to restore Messages or Call Logs.
- If you have multiple backups then select the backup which you want to restore.
- Now Tap on Restore.
- Tap OK
- Tap Yes, Now restore process will start
- Close After process finish.
(ii) SMS Backup+
How to setup SMS Backup+ Android App?
- Install SMS Backup+ from google play store
- After installing the app open and connect with your Gmail account.
- Choose options as you want to back up for more options use Advance Setting.
- After setup manual backup options setup Auto backup.
- Select Backup upload frequency default is 2 hours.
- Hit the back button to set all options.