Twitter is a great microblogging site to connect the world and know what is happening around you. But if you are feeling uncomfortable on Twitter for any reason, you can submit a request to delete your twitter account permanently, Here is the instructions to delete twitter account.
Delete Twitter Account using Website
- Login to your twitter acount on https://www.twitter.com.
- Now click your profile image in top right side.
- After click on Image or hamburger menu(on mobile browser) dropdown menu will show click “Settings and privacy” menu item, You will be redirect to “Setting and Privacy” page find.
- On “Setting and Privacy” page find the “Deactivate my account” button and click on that.
- Now you will see next screen with instructions, just click on “Deactivate @yourusername” butotn
- Now poppu will show to enter your Twitter password, enter the passwod and click on “Deactivate account” button.
- Now twitter will keep your data for next 30 days, After 30 days twiter will start to delete your data and you will be not able to recover your acount.
Delete twitter account using App
- Login to Android or IOS app, tap your profile icon or the hamburger menu at the top of the device screen.
- Now choose “Settings and privacy” option form list and then select “Account” option on next screen.
- Scrool down and find the “Deactivate your account” item and tap the option
- On next screen you will see instructions, under instructions you will see “Deactivate” button, Tap it
- Now you need to enter your twitter password, after enter password tap “Deactivate” button.
- Twitter will keep your data for the next 30 days, After 30 days you will be not able to recover your account.
You need to remember content outside of Twitter will not delete, data will delete only form twitter servers because Twitter does not have any control over third-party data.
Till 30 days you still have the option to recover your account, after 30 days there will be no option to get any of your images, tweets posted on Twitter.
If the problem is only with a tweet then just delete the tweet instead delete the account permanently.