Yoga for Beginners is very simple, but As a beginner, often we equate yoga with some thoughts like I can’t even touch my toes, how can I do yoga?.
Yoga is not about touching your toes or stretching.
It’s a simple process of uniting with yourself – using your breath, body, mind.
And it’s easy and effortless.
So, never mind if you’re not flexible or stretchable, you can start yoga into at the age of 40.
- If you have a history of a chronic disease or are recovering from an injury, consult your physician before commencing.
- Do what you easily can.
- Be regular in your practice and don’t give up because you can’t touch your toes in the first go, Many benefits of the yoga practice will unfold progressively.
- Focus on the breath, right from the beginning.
- Everyone has different levels of strength, stamina, flexibility so you need to do as your capacity.
Yoga you need to do in your daily routine to get healthier and stronger.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Dhanurasana (Bow pose)
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Suryanamaskar (Sun salutation)
You may need a little help for the first few times you try any pose or asana.