Bhastrika Pranayama will fill your body with oxygen, This is an important yoga breathing exercise, This pranayama is also known as bellows breath, In Sanskrit Bhastrika means bellows, Bhastrika is a combination of Kapalabhati and Ujjayi Pranayama, if you have a good practice of Kapalabhati and Ujjayi Then you will find very easy to do Bhastrika. During practice Pranayama a hissing sound is produced.
Bhastrika Pranayama Steps
- Sit on the floor in padmanasan, close your mouth and eyes, Keep the body, neck, and head in straight position.
- Take a deep breath and fill your lungs and then exhale and empty your lungs, continue this process quickly ten times like the bellows of the blacksmith
- You can do this for min 2 minutes and max 5 minutes
Bhastrika Pranayama Benefits
- Will keep you away heart-related problems.
- Your metabolic rate will increase.
- Your fat will burn and weight will loose.
- Bhastrika Pranayama can improve your blood circulation.
- Great relaxation for body and mind.
- Bhastrika practice will make your lungs stronger.
- Will help you to remove stress and hypertension.
- Will cure your obesity, arthritis, throat infection, asthma, headache, migraine, neurological problems, diabetes, depression, gastric problems.
- Bhastrika will increase your appetite.
- Please consult a doctor if you are suffering from serious problems before practice yoga or any exercises.
- Pregnant women should not practice yoga without supervision of a yoga expert.
- Don’t practice asana in case if any surgery has done.
- Pranayama is safe breathing exercise so practice daily and under expert guidance.
The information provided on the site is being provided for educational purposes only. The information is not a substitute for any medical advice.