Downward Dog Pose has many benefits for the body it’s an excellent yoga pose to strengthen the muscles of the legs, shoulders, abdomen, and waist.
This yoga pose stretches almost the entire body and strengthens the muscles, which gives a feeling of freshness to the body.
It’s a very good yoga pose to increase physical shine, glow in the eyes, and attractiveness on the face.
The downward dog pose is the 6th step of Sun Salutation. It is called Downward-Facing Dog Pose because in this pose the body, looks like a stretching dog while looking down.
How To Do Downward Dog Pose
It’s a very easy yoga pose here are all steps to do a downward-facing dog pose, read it carefully:
- Lie on your stomach on a yoga mat.
- Inhale and lift the body on your feet and hands and make a table-like shape.
- Exhale and slowly raise the hips and waist upwards. When it seems that the body has come in the shape of ‘V’ inverted, then stop.
- The shoulders and arms should remain in a straight line during the practice of this pose. While the feet will remain in the line of the hips.
- Keep the hands at the distance between the shoulders.
- The feet should be parallel to each other at an equal distance of the waist.
Keep the heals touch to the ground and the toes should be exactly in front.
- Now press the hands down towards the ground and try to stretch the neck.
- Keep your ears touching the inner part of your hands and try to focus on the navel.
- Stay in this position for a 30 seconds. (Remember never stay in this position more then 60 seconds)
- After complete, while exhaling, bend the knee and come back to the table position and take rest.
Benefits of Downward-Facing Dog Pose
The body gets the full benefits of a yoga pose only when it’s done in the right way. In the absence of knowledge, doing wrong and more than body capacity can also cause damage. Here are the correct benefits of this pose is as follows:
- Relieves headache, insomnia, and fatigue.
- Gets relief in back pain.
- Makes hands and feet strong.
- Strengthens muscles
- The body gets relaxation due to the stretch in the muscles.
- Increases blood circulation in the brain.
- Improves digestion. (Read more: A superfood to increase digestion power.)
- Helps to relieve stress.
- Removes menopausal problems.
Take precautions while doing
It is very important to be careful while performing any pose. While doing this asana, you should take the following precautions:
- Do not do this asana if you have severe pain or injury in the neck, back, wrists, hands, and feet.
- In case of high BP, nose, eyes, or ear problems avoid this yoga pose.
- Do not apply more power than you can while stretching.
- If the heels do not touch to the ground, then do not force the body, keep them up.
- Don’t do it when you have diarrhea.
Downward Dog Pose FAQ
Bow Pose(Dhanurasana), Staff Pose(Dandasana).
Dolphin Pose(Ardha Pincha Mayurasana), Four-Limbed Staff pose(Chaturanga Dandasana)
If there is no infection in the eyes then Yes.
Empty stomach in the morning
The information provided on the site is being provided for educational purposes only. The information is not a substitute for any medical advice.