Boat Pose(Naukasana) is a yoga pose giving amazing benefits to the body. This is a very useful yoga pose to reduce obesity. It keeps the digestive system healthy and strong and also provides many benefits from head to toe.
Why it is called Boat Pose?
Boat Pose is an important yoga pose among the poses performed lying on the back. In this posture, the shape of our body looks like a boat, that’s why it is called boat pose.
What is the right way to do boat pose to get all the benefits?
Balancing is more important in this pose because it looks easy but it’s a little difficult to balance. Let us know how to do boat pose:
- Lay the yoga mat on clean and flat ground.
- Now lie down on your back on the mat.
- Place both hands with the palm side beside both the thighs.
- Now while inhaling the breath, first raise the head and shoulders at 30 degrees, then raise the legs as high as comfortably as possible. Don’t put too much pressure in the beginning, only go upside as high as you can easily.
- Your arms, legs, and head should be raised like a boat.
- In the beginning in this position stay for 15-20 seconds, then after a good practice can stay for 30 seconds.
- Then slowly exhaling bring the hands, feet and head back to the ground and come back to normal.
- This completed one cycle of it.
- Do this for 3 to 5 cycles.
There will be some problems in the beginning, but if you do it regularly, you will be able to do it easily.
Benefits of Boat Pose.
This pose has many benefits, Therefore, the more you say about the benefits of this, the less it is. Its main benefits are as follows:
- It cures constipation, gas, and digestion problems.
- The small and large intestines get relux.
- Useful in reducing belly fat and control obesity.
- The stretch in the muscles increases blood flow in the body.
- Heart and lungs get stronger.
- Very beneficial in the kidney, hernia, spinal pain, back pain. (Hernia patients should do it only under the supervision of a specialist yoga teacher.)
- Very useful in the problem of diabetes.
Q. Which pose to do after the boat pose?
A. Cobra pose (Read more: Cobra Pose Benefits and Precautions)
You should not do this yoga pose in the following situations:
- Heart disease.
- Extreme back pain or spinal cord problem
- During pregnancy and menstruation.
- Headache or migraine.
- Low blood pressure problem.
If you have any other type of disease then do not do it without a doctor’s advice.Note:
The information provided on the site is being provided for educational purposes only. The information is not a substitute for any medical advice.