Stay safe and healthy at home and wash hands with soap and keep social distance, check out more.
Is high blood cholesterol treated by yoga?
Then simple answer is yes you can Reduce Cholesterol by simple steps of yoga, but you need to follow yoga under a supervision of a yoga teacher. Practice Kapalbhati Pranayama and Anulom Vilom Pranayama for 15 to 20 minutes to reduce cholesterol naturally.
Those having high cholesterol levels should increase the practice for 30 minutes. Within 15 days you will see good results definitely. Pranayama can be practiced in the morning and evening also. But should be done on an empty stomach. There should be a 5-hour gap between your meal and timing of pranayama practice.
Yoga is an ancient discipline that shapes up the body and calms the mind through yoga Asanas, Pranayamas, and Meditation. These yoga postures can help you reduce cholesterol level:
List of 5 Yoga Steps To Reduce Cholesterol
Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- This Pranayama is very easy to do, first close your eyes and sit in “Padmasana” and put your hands on your knees.
- Close the right nostril with the right thumb.Inhale slowly through the left nostril, inhale the oxygen as much as you can, this will fill your lungs with air.
- Remove your thumb from your right nostril, as you remove your thumb from right nostril just exhale.
- When you exhale use your middle finger to close your left nostril then inhale with our right nostril and remove thumb from right nostril then exhale. Repeat this process for 5 minutes.
- Be focused and concentrate on your breathing.
Kapal Bhati pranayama
- First, sit on the Padmasana and close your eyes and keep the spine straight.
- Take a deep breath through your both nostrils until your lungs are full with air.
- After that exhale through both nostrils forcefully, so your stomach will go deep inside.
- Inhale and Exhale process is Kapal Bhat.
- You can do this process for 5 minutes and increase till 15 minutes after a week.
Chakrasana (Wheel pose)
- Lie down on the yoga mat looking upwardly.
- Fold your legs and keep it down below your butt. Make sure that your sole of the feet touches the floor.
- Bring both of your hands and keep it beneath the shoulders like the fingers see the legs.
- Inhale a deep breath and keep your hands and legs on the floor. Then slowly raise your hip, shoulder and the head from the floor.
- Then keep your neck loosely and bend your back as much as possible.
- Stay in the same posture for a minute with normal breath and come back to the normal stage by slowly exhaling the breath.
Shalabhasana (Locust pose)
- Lie down on the yoga mat on your stomach.
- Take your both hands behind and hold the wrists of one hand with the other.
- Now inhale; at first lift your chest as much as you can and look upwards.
- Slowly lift your body from the both sides.
- Now exhale and come back to your initial position.
Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand)
- Lie on the yoga mat with legs together.
- Raise the legs to an angle of 90 degree. Now press the floor with your palms, lift the waist and bring the legs forward. Then keep them vertical to the ground.
- Bend the hands, hold the waist with the palms, balancing and raise the legs to an angle of 90 degree to the floor. Body and legs should be straight vertical to the floor.
- The whole weight of the body resting on the shoulder blade and adjust if it is not straight. Rest the elbow on the floor with palms supporting the body.
- Maintain the pose up to 1 minute.
- Lower the legs toe and back. Take the hands from the back and place it on the floor. Briskly bring the back to the floor, the legs and lie down.
- Rest now and do it again one time.
To Reduce Cholesterol try to practice yoga on regular basis, you will definitely get benefits and your body will feel that.
- Please consult a doctor if you are suffering from a serious problem before practice yoga or any exercises.
- Pregnant women should not practice yoga without supervision of a yoga expert.
- Don’t practice asana in case if any surgery has done.
- Pranayama is safe breathing exercise so practice daily and under expert guidance.