There are many types of jobs that require sitting for long periods of time. It common sitting for a long time can lead to weight gain. If you sit for a long time due to work or any other reason, then you should become conscious to control weight.
If not taken action on time, then your weight can grow uncontrollably and rapidly. Once it increases, it takes a lot of effort to reduce it.
Due to excessive sitting, even a good fit person can become a victim of obesity. So it is very important to be alert on time.
Does sitting alone cause weight gain?
Excessive sitting is not the only reason for weight gain. There are also other reasons which become more aggressive with excessive sitting. Other reasons for weight gain along with sitting, such as:
- Irregular routine: no waking time, no sleeping time, no eating time, no exercise. Thus, there are chances of gaining weight due to completely disturbed lifestyle;
- Consumption of junk food: Due to easy availability in the market and away from home. It becomes compulsion and we eat too much nonsense.
- Stress: The stress of completing the work on time or completing the target becomes so much, that the body is unable to digest the food.
- Not getting enough sleep: 7-8 hours of sleep is necessary for a human being, but sometimes we sleep for 10 hours and sometimes we sleep only 5 hours. This is not right, it harms the body
- No physical activity: Nowadays most of the work is done on the computer, due to which there is no activity from the body. Even after coming home, we use mobile and T.V. gets busy
Tips to keep weight in control
Know about some such measures, which, if you adopt, will be able to control your weight without dieting and you do not need to die of hunger for these.
- Drink 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal, it accelerates metabolism.
- Make a schedule for eating, such as breakfast between 8-9 am, lunch between 12 pm and 2 pm and dinner between 7-8 pm.
- Always eat freshly cooked food.
- If you feel unnecessarily hungry then eat fruits only.
- Stay away from eating too much oil
- Never eat packaged food.
- Run or walk for 30 minutes daily, if you cannot go out then do yoga at home.
- Do not watch mobile and TV while eating food.
Control your weight with yoga
Yoga is a great and easy way to control weight at home. Here are some useful yoga postures for those who sit excessively, which can help you lose weight or control your weight by practicing regularly.
- Butterfly pose (Titali Asana)
- Raised Leg Pose (Uttanpadasana)
- Half plough pose (Ardhahalasana)
- Wind Relieving pose (Pawanmuktasana)
- Boat Pose (Naukasana)
- Triangle Pose (Trikonasana)
It is very important that you take action in time for a healthy and fit body. Otherwise, If it is late then controlling the weight later can be a bit difficult.
The information provided on the site is being provided for educational purposes only. The information is not a substitute for any medical advice.