Stay safe and healthy at home and wash hands with soap and keep social distance, check out more.
If you have high cholesterol, you’re also at higher risk for heart disease. But the good news is, it’s a risk you can control. You can lower your bad (LDL cholesterol) and raise your good (HDL cholesterol). If you want to lower your cholesterol then diet is key for that you need to control on your diet and eat food they reducing cholesterol and avoid bad cholesterol foods.
You still may need to take medicine to get your high cholesterol back on track. But if you make just a few changes, you might be able to lower your dose and chance of side effects.
Reducing Cholesterol Foods
Here is some foods and nutrients that can naturally lower your high cholesterol:
- Foods high in omega-3 fats can help increase HDL cholesterol and reduce a risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Foods high in soluble fiber
- Olive oil helps to raise HDL cholesterol.
- Add a variety of spices such as basil, rosemary, and turmeric to your food which contain antioxidants that are cardioprotective and help lower cholesterol naturally.
- Garlic and onions these two cholesterol reducing foods help lower LDL cholesterol because of their sulfur-containing compounds which help cleanse the arteries.
Raise Cholesterol Foods
You should avoid foods to low your cholesterol
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates
- Vegetable oils are pro-inflammatory and may increase cholesterol.
- Too much caffeine can increase cholesterol. Limit coffee or tea to no more than 1-2 cups per day.
- Trans fat increases LDL cholesterol, inflammation, and risk of cardiovascular disease.