The heart is the most important organ of the body as it pumps blood and oxygen to all the organs. So it is very important to keep it healthy. Diet and exercise play an important role in keeping the body and heart-healthy.
It is said – ‘A healthy heart resides in a healthy body.’ It is very important for the heart to be healthy for the body to be healthy.
Heart disease Causes
The blockage of the way of supplying blood to the heart is called heart disease, due to which there can be many reasons, some of them are as follows:
- Extreme anxiety and mental pressure.
- Wrong food (Excessive Oily food, Junk Food).
- Busy lifestyle.
- No yoga/exercise.
- No physical activity.
Exercise for a healthy heart
Daily practice of yoga and especially pranayama is the best for heart health. Here are many other options, you can choose anyone from the options given below or you can choose more than one as per your wish:
- Sun Salutation (at least two cycles) and Anulom-Vilom Pranayama (15 minutes per day).
- Aerobics (for half an hour).
- Walk fast in the morning in open ground (for an hour).
- Cycle (for half an hour).
- Swimming (for half an hour).
Take special care of this that exercise according to the season. Do not do heavy exercise in winter and do not run in very cold air. It is best and easiest to do yoga at home or at a yoga center.
Include in your diet
You should eat such a diet, by eating which heart disease stays away from you. like :
- Fresh seasonal fruits (Apple, Pomegranate, Gooseberry).
- Fresh seasonal vegetables (Spinach, Carrot, Radish, Onion, Garlic).
- Whole grains.
- Low-fat dairy products.
- Dry fruits.
- Foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
Precautions to keep heart healthy
You can take care of your health by changing some things in life like
- Stay away from oily food.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Quit smoking
- Don’t be lazy.
- Have food on time.
- Sleep by 10:30 at night and wake up before 7 in the morning.
- Reduce the use of T.v., mobile, computer (if necessary, walk for 2-3 minutes every hour).
- Lose weight if you are overweight. (Read more: I am very busy but want to lose weight)
Read More: Guidelines to lower risk of heart disease.
Never ignore any heart problem, because by doing so you are increasing the risk. Try to solve your problem by telling the doctor. Change your diet and lifestyle.Note:
The information provided on the site is being provided for educational purposes only. The information is not a substitute for any medical advice.