Ashwagandha is a very ancient Ayurvedic medicine used to cure many diseases. There are uncountable benefits of Ashwagandha mostly is used to increase physical and mental strength.
Ashwagandha, rich in anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and stress-free properties, is a very useful Ayurvedic medicine to keep the body healthy.
Uses of Ashwagandha
It is used to cure the following problems:
- Anxiety, sleeplessness, tumors.
- White spots on the skin.
- Back pain, muscle pain.
- Menstrual problems.
- Very useful to increase memory power.
- To reduce swelling and pain.
- For the treatment of infertility in both men and women.
- To increase sexual power.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- To increase the immunity power. (Read more: How To Boost Immune System?)
- Used to reduce inflammation.
How do consume Ashwagandha to get benefits?
Ashwagandha is consumed in the form of powder, oil, or capsules. It is easiest to consume in capsule form but it also depends on your problem and how to do it. Let us know how to consume Ashwagandha:
- Mix jaggery or ghee in Ashwagandha powder for relief in pain due to injury. Consume it with milk.
- For the strength of the body, take 10 grams of Ashwagandha powder, 10 grams of sesame seeds, and 10 grams of ghee. Mix 3 grams of honey in it and take 1-2 grams daily during winters.
- Add 125 mg sugar candy to one gram of Asgandha powder and taking it with lukewarm milk removes semen disorder and strengthens semen and increases strength.
- To cure blood problems, mix an equal quantity of absinthe(Chiraayata) powder in Ashwagandha powder. Consume it in the amount of 3-5 grams in the morning and evening.
- To cure the problem of arthritis and back pain, take 2 grams of Ashwagandha powder in the morning and evening with lukewarm milk, lukewarm water, cow’s ghee, or sugar.
- To remove the weakness of the penis, mix an equal quantity of sugar (khanda) in the powder of Asgandha and take one spoon with fresh cow’s milk three hours before the meal in the morning.
- Mixing fine powder of Ashwagandha root with jasmine oil and applying it to the penis at night ends weakness or sagging of the penis.
- Consuming 2 grams of Ashwagandha powder with lukewarm water get rid of constipation before going to sleep at night.
- To eliminate stomach worms, mix an equal quantity of Bahera powder in Ashwagandha powder and consume it with jaggery in the amount of 2-4 grams.
Caution and harm in consuming Ashwagandha
There is no harm in taking it in limited quantity and as per the doctor’s advice but consuming it in excess can be harmful.
- Consume max 6 grams of Ashwagandha in a day.
- Vomiting, stomach upset, diarrhea, ulcers, acidity, skin rashes, and anxiety can be a risk with excessive consumption.
- Take only as per the instructions of the doctor.
- Pregnant women should not consume Ashwagandha.
Powder 2-4 grams, decoction 10-30 mg, capsules 1-2
When its plants are crushed, it smells like horse urine.
The information provided on the site is being provided for educational purposes only. The information is not a substitute for any medical advice.